Ford Motor Co.
It's been the opposite situation lately at Ford Motor Co. (F) -- the Detroit automaker has been rallying hard since the end of July, most recently breaking out above an ascending triangle pattern to new 6-month highs. Even though Ford gave back 3% and change yesterday, there still a buying opportunity in this stock...
Ford sported a runaway gap after breaking out of its triangle pattern, which meant that very few traders were able to jump onboard when the breakout happened. The throwback in shares is giving buyers a second chance at a low-risk entry.
Even though a throwback means that shares are sliding, it's a positive thing for shares of Ford because it gives the stock a chance to confirm newfound support above its $10.50 breakout level. I'd expect Ford to make a higher swing low off of yesterday's bottom -- aggressive traders should buy the bounce today, but I'd recommend risk-averse traders wait for Ford to prove it can catch a bid above Tuesday's close before jumping onboard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV