- Landscaping & Home Garden: Liberty converts tires into unique rubber mulch that is non-allergenic and harmless to plants, pets and children. Rubber mulch resists washing away during heavy rains, and will not sustain mold, fungus growth or insect infestation. Plus, consumers save money because colorfast rubber mulch lasts much longer than wood mulch.
- Flooring & Playground Markets: Kid-friendly mats and playground safety surfacing made from recycled tire rubber keep little falls fun and flexible, not hard and hurtful.
- Faster Trains Speeds on Greener Rails: The finely powdered crumb rubber is the key ingredient in new composite crossties, the greenest solution for railroad tracks. Composite ties replace toxic preservative-filled hardwood ties with a solution that lasts longer and allows for heavier loads, faster train speeds and more safety.
- Rubberized Asphalt: Highways modified with recycled tire rubber are now being constructed that ride quieter, last longer, and use significantly less paving material than traditional asphalt. Up to 8,000 tires are used in each lane mile of pavement. Because some applications of rubber asphalt are thinner than traditional conventional asphalt methods, less paving material is used.
Hertz And Liberty Tire Announce Industry's First National Tire Recycling Program
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.