DALLAS, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors for Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT), announced today Wyman Roberts will become CEO and President of Brinker International, effective January 1, 2013. Doug Brooks, 60, will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board through December 2013 to ensure a successful transition of leadership. In addition to his new responsibilities, Roberts will also retain his current role as President of Chili's ® Grill & Bar.
"The Board of Directors has worked closely with Doug for an extended period of time on this transition and unanimously supported Wyman's selection as his successor," said Joe DePinto, lead director. "Brinker has been extremely fortunate to have been led by Doug, who skillfully guided the company through challenging times, augmenting what was already a strong culture and turning it into a competitive advantage. Doug leaves his current role as CEO and President with the company on solid footing in an upward trajectory. And in the style of his mentor and company namesake Norman Brinker, Doug surrounded himself with the best and brightest—Wyman Roberts epitomizes that. We have tremendous confidence in Wyman and the leadership team's ability to continue executing our strategic vision and positioning Brinker for continued success."
"I have had the privilege of working closely with Wyman since he joined Brinker seven years ago and have been impressed with his wisdom, insight and tenacity," said Brooks. "I could not be more confident that with his business acumen, vision and wealth of experience, he is the leader to guide Brinker forward in the coming years and continue the momentum currently being enjoyed by both Chili's and Maggiano's. The company is in great hands."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV