- Issue Collaboration: The most common communication among trading networks is collaboration to resolve supply chain issues. Currently, this communication is typically done in email, instant messaging, phone/conference calls, war rooms, and face-to-face meetings. E2open’s customers outlined the business requirements for a supply chain social collaboration framework that combines the security model and supply/demand exception capabilities currently available in the E2open Business Network with a new, more social and interactive user experience like that of Facebook, Twitter, or Weibo. Productivity improvements will include reduced time spent tracking and resolving issues, with faster consensus and issue resolution.
- Demand Sensing: One of the biggest challenges across trading networks is inaccurate demand management due to the volatile nature of forecast planning and limited real time visibility. Many E2open customers, particularly those servicing consumers directly, have identified social media as a source for early indicators of actual consumer demand. Comparing the number and sentiment of social mentions for a particular product, or variant of a product, and their trending to current demand forecasts can provide an early signal that actual demand will be different than the plan forecast. Social demand intelligence can become a new “feed” of non-transactional issues on which participants in the trading network can collaborate, resulting in faster response to actual demand changes and increased revenue.
- Supply Risk Monitoring: A critical risk across trading networks is the occurrence of an unplanned event that has a negative impact on the supply of products and/or their logistics movements. There may be a problem with a particular supplier, or a problem that affects all suppliers and logistics lanes in a specific geography. Traditionally, monitoring the risk of such events occurring is rarely done in a systematic manner because of high costs. Many E2open customers have identified the combination of social media monitoring with cloud-based, big-data, predictive analytics as a potential way to change the economics of supply risk monitoring and create an affordable standard operating practice as part of collaborative execution.
E2open Announces Social Supply Chain Initiative
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts