MCLEAN, Va., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY and National Geographic Channel have partnered on a special tabloid edition: 50 Years Later – A Salute to the Veterans of the Vietnam War. The special edition marks the 50 th anniversary of the start of the Vietnam War.
The 48-page all color special edition includes:
- A look at Vietnam veterans from all 50 states, each representing a different aspect of post- Vietnam life in the USA. Some of the veterans are well-known, such as Arizona Senator John McCain, Massachusetts Senator John Kerry and Virginia Senator Jim Webb. Others are unsung heroes who often did not return home to the kind of accolades today's combat service members receive.
- A letter from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta talking about the contributions of Vietnam veterans and the divisive reception they received when they first came home.
- A look at the last men to die in the Vietnam War and the legacy of the iconic Vietnam Memorial—the black wall with the names of all the war's dead inscribed on it.
- Exclusive photos of the conflict and an essay from National Geographic Channel on its documentary about the war, Inside the Vietnam War, which will be rebroadcast Dec. 28.
- A report on life in Vietnam 50 years later and how today's Vietnamese view the conflict.
The special edition is on newsstands now and can also be ordered online at http://service.usatoday.com/specialeditions. This is the third special tabloid edition that USA TODAY and National Geographic Channel have partnered on in 2012. Titanic – 100 years later was published in March and Your Guide to the National Parks was published in May.
About National Geographic ChannelsBased at the National Geographic Society headquarters in Washington, D.C., the National Geographic Channels US are a joint venture between National Geographic and Fox Cable Networks. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society's commitment to exploration, conservation and education with smart, innovative programming and profits that directly support its mission. Launched in January 2001, National Geographic Channel (NGC) celebrated its fifth anniversary with the debut of NGC HD. In 2010, the wildlife and natural history cable channel Nat Geo WILD was launched, and in 2011, the Spanish-language network Nat Geo Mundo was unveiled. The Channels have carriage with all of the nation's major cable, telco and satellite television providers, with NGC currently available in over 83 million U.S. homes. Globally, National Geographic Channel is available in 435 million homes in 173 countries and 37 languages. For more information, visit www.natgeotv.com. About USA TODAY USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY, the nation's number one newspaper in print circulation with an average of more than 1.6 million daily, and USATODAY.com, an award-winning newspaper website launched in 1995, reach a combined 6.6 million readers daily. USA TODAY is a leader in mobile applications with more than 16 million downloads on mobile devices. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI). (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120913/DC73541LOGO) SOURCE USA TODAY
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV