LAKE MARY, Fla., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement technology, today announced SCENE 5.1, the latest update to the software for the FARO Focus3D Laser Scanner. New features like Clipping Box and improved scan positioning help streamline data and cut processing time in half. Orthophoto functionality allows users to save scans as photo files to view and share scan data even without point cloud software.
Among many new features found in SCENE 5.1, Clipping Box helps users streamline data analysis by keeping only the parts of scans that are relevant to the project. With this latest enhancement, scan data is presented in either point cloud or realistic photo view. Users choose those portions of the scan they need and the remaining parts are seamlessly and automatically removed. The optimized scan provides data the user wants, without extraneous data that makes analysis time-consuming. A reduced file size makes storage or export to CAD quick and simple.
Large scanning projects often call for multiple scans and extensive post-processing. To reduce work time, SCENE 5.1 offers powerful feature recognition capabilities that position and assemble individual scans quickly, even when there are no registration marks or pre-defined targets. The result is an up to 50 percent reduction in processing time and a more precise finished product. SCENE 5.1 also includes the ability to save orthophotos in a TIFF format, so scans can now be viewed even if the user's CAD software is unable to interpret point cloud data.In partnership with 3DConnexion, a leading manufacturer of peripheral devices for 3D navigation and motion control applications, FARO has also made available the new 3D SpaceMouse. Specially designed for scanning applications, the SpaceMouse enables quick manipulation of three-dimensional data, scans and much more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV