The bank suspended its $15 billion buyback program in May in the wake of its multi-billion dollar trading loss. Earlier, JPMorgan has won approval from the regulator to purchase $12 billion in stock in 2012 and $3 billion in the first quarter of 2013. It was also permitted to raise its dividend to 30 cents a share from 25 cents a share.
The Fed's stamp of approval might help the bank put the "London Whale" debacle behind it once and for all.
Up to May 2012, the bank managed to purchase about 49 million shares for $1.6 billion.Management said it awaits details about the 2013 CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Annual Review) process in mid- November. Shares were up 2% in premarket trading. -- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV