NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The deal which brought the mobile payments revolution to the forefront of the minds of consumers and investors minds starts Thursday. Starbucks' (SBUX) deal with Square is being rolled out at approximately 7,000 Starbucks stores.
Square Wallet is going into effect for Starbucks customers, and the two companies hope the relationship transforms the experience for its customers and makes things easier.
"We look forward to continuing to create amazing connections with our customers -- both in our stores and outside of our stores and offering our customers choices in how they want to pay," said Adam Brotman, Starbucks chief digital officer, in a press release. "Starbucks believes in the values and vision of Square, and just three months after announcing our partnership with Square, we are thrilled to make the convenience of paying with the Square Wallet app available to our customers starting today."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV