VANCOUVER, Canada, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ACL, the company that is transforming audit and risk, announced today the launch of ACL™ Importer, an ACL™ Desktop 9.3 add-on that harnesses the proven capabilities of Datawatch Monarch™ from Datawatch Corporation (NASDAQ-CM: DWCH), the leading provider of information optimization software. ACL Importer enables data that was previously bypassed or overlooked to become a valuable asset, ultimately eliminating gaps in analysis by increasing data sources and coverage.
ACL recently joined forces with Datawatch Corporation to provide customers with the enhanced abilities available through ACL Importer powered by Datawatch Monarch. The new solution enables users to convert data from PDFs, print files, HTML files, and other content-rich data sources, such as financial statements, loan documents, and insurance claims, to a tabular format for analysis. In addition, by expanding the depth and breadth of transactional analysis, it improves usability and fraud detection.
"It's amazing to hear that Datawatch Monarch capabilities are now part of ACL Desktop," said ACL customer Jeremy Clopton, CPA, CFE, ACDA, Managing Consultant, Forensics and Valuation Services at BKD, LLP. "The ability to extract and analyze data from PDFs is critical in my line of work. These capabilities will allow us to access relatively untapped sources of electronic data."
"Audit, risk, and compliance professionals are in need of new technologies that allow them to deliver more accurate results and have greater confidence in their findings, which elevates the value they deliver to their organizations," said Laurie Schultz, President and CEO of ACL. "ACL Importer is a cost-effective solution that fulfills this need by offering new visibility into corporate data, increasing productivity, and enhancing overall success."A webinar on November 29 will demonstrate how ACL Importer provides immediate visibility into critical corporate data and helps reduce effort while closing analysis gaps. ACL Product Evangelist and Technical Product Manager Shane Grimm will be hosting the 45-minute webinar and Q&A session. Register for "Closing the Analysis Gaps While Increasing Access and Coverage" at www.acl.com/closinggaps. Supporting resources:
- To learn more about ACL Desktop and ACL Importer, visit www.acl.com/analytics
- To read the latest on business assurance, compliance, risk, fraud detection, and internal audit, visit the ACL Blog: www.acl.com/blog
- Follow on @ACLServices on Twitter
- Like ACL Services on Facebook www.facebook.com/ACLServices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV