ECRU, Miss., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Furniture Manufacturing, Inc. ("AFM" or the "Company") announced today it has appointed J. Allen (Al) Wiygul as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), effective immediately. He will succeed Mike Thomas, who will retire at the end of the year as planned.
Mr. Wiygul has approximately 40 years of experience in the furniture industry, including 20 years at the senior management level. Previously, he served as President of Bauhaus USA, a division of La-Z-Boy, Inc., for six years after joining the company in 2002 as Vice President of Operations. During his 10-year tenure at Bauhaus USA, Mr. Wiygul led the development of new strategic partnerships and was responsible for meeting the company's sales and marketing objectives. From 1996 to 2002, he was Vice President of Operations at Berkline Corp. Mr. Wiygul also has held various senior management positions at Bassett Furniture, Stratford Home Furniture and Washington Furniture.
"We are proud to welcome a professional of Al's caliber to lead AFM," said Alan Offenberg, CEO of Compass Diversified Holdings and Chairman of American Furniture. "Al brings to AFM significant experience in all aspects of the furniture business, which will serve our Company well as we continue to operate in a challenging market environment. We are confident his successful track record and proven leadership will help advance AFM's mission to provide customers with quality products that are made in the USA and ensure the Company's long-term prosperity. In meeting these critical objectives, Al has the full support of AFM's entire Board of Directors, current management team and sales force."
Mr. Offenberg added, "We thank Mike for his numerous contributions and exemplary service over the past eight years, and are pleased he will remain available to consult with the Company through the end of the year to ensure a smooth transition."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV