At a meeting of institutional investors and analysts in St. Paul today, 3M business leaders, including chairman, president and CEO Inge Thulin, will outline the company’s vision and strategies to ensure continued world-class performance.
Those strategies include: expand 3M’s relevance to customers and presence in the marketplace; gain market share and accelerate penetration; invest in innovation; achieve regional self-sufficiency; build high-performing and diverse global talent; and drive consistent and superior operational excellence.
Thulin will also present the company’s five-year financial objectives:
- 9 to 11 percent growth in earnings per share
- 4 to 6 percent organic revenue growth
- more than 20 percent return on invested capital
- 100 percent free cash flow conversion
In addition, Thulin will announce an increase in 3M’s annual R&D investment to 6 percent of sales by 2017, emphasizing the importance of innovation to 3M’s future.“Innovation is at the center of our plan, so it is essential that we strengthen our commitment to R&D,” said Thulin. “I am confident that 3M innovation, along with world-class talent, strong R&D and manufacturing capabilities, unparalleled global reach, and our unrelenting focus on operational excellence, will drive future success for our company and our shareholders.” Leaders from several of the company's businesses will describe how these strategies are enhancing results and helping the company achieve its vision: 3M Vision
- 3M Technology Advancing Every Company
- 3M Products Enhancing Every Home
- 3M Innovation Improving Every Life
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV