Wells Fargo & Company announced today it is committing $35 million over the next three years as part of its ongoing commitment to supporting military service members and veterans. The commitment includes:
- Real estate owned (REO) property donations and support valued at $30 million to qualifying nonprofits that serve military service members and veterans
- Hiring and mentoring initiatives,
- Customized financial education efforts, and
- Funds for philanthropic donations and sponsorships.
In addition, November 14-30, Wells Fargo is providing its customers an opportunity to make donations through the company’s more than 12,000 ATMs in support of military service members and veterans. Donations can be made at Wells Fargo ATMs across the U.S. (with the exception of Kansas, Missouri and Washington, D.C., due to local restrictions) to the USO, National Military Family Association and Homes for our Troops. Customers will not be charged any fees for using the service and 100 percent of the donations will go to the selected nonprofits. Prior to November 14, Wells Fargo is giving customers an opportunity to give to the American Red Cross Disaster Release Fund through its ATMs for relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
“With this $35 million commitment it is Wells Fargo’s goal to have a role in our nation’s efforts to support military service members, veterans and their families,” said Jon Campbell, head of Wells Fargo Community and Government Relations. “Our mission of helping our customers succeed financially holds especially true for the men and women who serve our country through the military. We are pleased to extend these efforts by also making it easy for customers to support military members by donating at our ATMs.”
The $35 million financial commitment is consistent with the three areas of support that Wells Fargo announced in September as its primary focus for supporting military service members and veterans: helping active duty military service members and veterans achieve homeownership, helping veterans transition to civilian careers and providing customized financial education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV