- Net course registrations increased to approximately 103,000 in the third quarter of 2012, a year-over-year increase of 17%.
- Net course registrations by new students in the third quarter of 2012 increased to approximately 24,000, a slight increase over the same period of 2011.
- Third quarter 2012 revenues increased 18% to $77.1 million, compared to $65.3 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the third quarter of 2012 increased 17% to $17.5 million, compared to $15.0 million in the same period of 2011.
- Net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $10.8 million, or $0.60 per diluted share, compared to $10.9 million, or $0.60 per diluted share, in the same period of 2011.
- American Public University announced that it renewed its multi-year partnership agreement with Walmart Stores, Inc. to offer academic courses and degree programs to its associates through the Lifelong Learning Partnership.
- American Public Education announced a focus on international students, including a new investment in, and relationship with, New Horizons Worldwide, Inc., a global independent I.T. training company.
American Public Education Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts