YOKNEAM, Israel, November 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. (NASDAQ: EZCH), a leader in Ethernet network processors, today announced its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Highlights:
- Third quarter revenues of $9.3 million
- Gross margin reached 83.9% on a GAAP basis and 84.7% on a non-GAAP basis
- Net income was $0.1 million on a GAAP basis
- Net income was $3.1 million on a non-GAAP basis
- Operating cash flow of $6.1 million
- End of quarter net cash was $160.1 million
Third Quarter 2012 Results:Total revenues in the third quarter of 2012 were $9.3 million, a decrease of 50% compared to $18.7 million in the third quarter of 2011, and a decrease of 41% compared to $15.8 million in the second quarter of 2012. Net income, on a GAAP basis, for the third quarter of 2012 was $0.1 million, or $0.00 per share (diluted), compared to net income of $7.7 million, or $0.27 per share (diluted), in the third quarter of 2011, and net income of $5.6 million, or $0.19 per share (diluted), in the second quarter of 2012. Net income, on a non-GAAP basis, for the third quarter of 2012 was $3.1 million, or $0.10 per share (diluted), compared to non-GAAP net income of $9.9 million, or $0.35 per share (diluted), in the third quarter of 2011, and non-GAAP net income of $8.4 million, or $0.29 per share (diluted), in the second quarter of 2012. Cash, cash equivalents, marketable securities and deposits as of September 30, 2012, totaled $160.1 million, compared to $153.8 million as of June 30, 2012. Cash generated from operations during the third quarter was $6.1 million, cash used in investing activities was $0.1 million, cash provided by financing activities (resulting from the exercise of options) was $0.1 million and an increase of $0.2 million resulted from unrealized gain on marketable securities. First Nine Months 2012 Results
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV