. (NYSE: IMN), a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced availability of its next-generation IronKey™ S250 and D250 hardware-encrypted flash drives. Widely known as The World’s Most Secure Flash Drives™, the newest IronKey flash drives feature faster performance, a redesigned control panel that supports multiple languages, and new remote management capabilities in its signature rugged, high-security design.
The IronKey S250 and D250 flash drives are available in Basic, Personal and Enterprise editions for enterprise and personal use. The IronKey flash drives deliver powerful protection against data loss and are validated to meet the stringent Security Level 3 requirements of the
standard, which fully support corporate and government compliance strategies.
The Personal and Enterprise editions feature built-in identity protection that allows users to securely surf the web, and the IronKey password vault to store and protect user passwords. The Enterprise edition adds centralized remote administration through Imation’s cloud security console, which supports full life cycle management for deploying and managing dozens to thousands of secure flash drives.
“While organizations are realizing the advantages of a mobile workforce, they are also coming to grips with vulnerabilities caused by lost or stolen data,” said Lawrence Reusing, Imation’s general manager for Mobile Security. “Imation has developed its new IronKey S250 and D250 offerings to provide choices for organizations around the world whose employees need to transport and access data remotely, while enhancing security, performance and reliability.”
The newest features and functionality added to IronKey S250 and D250 devices include:
- Faster performance, premium quality dual-channel flash memory gives fast file read performance of up to 31MB/second and write speeds of up to 18MB/second.
- Redesigned control panel, makes a user-friendly interface even easier to navigate for user authentication.
- Multiple language support, guides the user through authentication and is available in German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese, in addition to English, empowering the user to access data without relying on the help desk.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility, designed for use with Microsoft Windows XP SP2+/Vista/7; Mac OS X 10.5+ (including Mountain Lion OS) and Linux 2.6+.
- Improved Remote Management Capabilities, IronKey Enterprise S250 and D250 devices can be remotely recovered, reset, and forced into a read-only mode, all from Imation’s cloud security service.
The IronKey S250 and D250 secure flash drives meet security standards for high security environments, with features that include:
Pricing, specifications and availability
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2, Level 3 validated security devices ,* meeting the most demanding regulatory requirements.
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption, protecting data each time the USB hard drive is in use with the hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption implemented in Cipher Block Chain (CBC) mode.
- Strong password protection to protect data at rest and ensure data access for authorized users.
- Unique tamper-evident aluminum enclosure that allows users to immediately recognize attempts to physically compromise the device.
- Capacity D250 capacities range from 2GB – 64GB, S250 capacities range from 2GB – 32GB.
Imation’s IronKey S250 and D250 Enterprise and Personal flash drives are available worldwide through Imation’s network of channel partners or Imation Sales. US customers may purchase certain IronKey Basic and Personal flash drives from the Imation Mobile Security Store at
. Manufacturer’s list pricing ranges from $US109 to $US599 for S250 and $US89 to $US599 for D250 models; reseller prices may vary.
Additional specifications can be found on Imation’s website: