Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:MWW) today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012. The Company also announced that it will implement a corporate restructuring to focus on its core business and reduce its cost structure in order to improve profitability and cash flow.
Sal Iannuzzi, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Monster Worldwide, said, “During the third quarter, our bookings in North America, excluding the Government vertical, were up slightly, while bookings in Europe and Asia were negatively impacted by the challenging economic environment. We are implementing a plan to concentrate our resources on our largest markets where we generate the lion’s share of our revenue and profit and where we are experiencing increased customer traction with our advanced technologies. We believe this plan provides Monster the resources to grow our leading businesses in North America and Europe.”
“While our strategic alternatives review is ongoing and we remain committed to maximizing value for shareholders, today we are announcing a series of actions designed to increase the Company’s profitability and strengthen its core profitable markets,” Iannuzzi concluded.
Corporate RestructuringThe restructuring actions announced today include:
- Pursuing a sale of ChinaHR and classifying the asset as held for sale in third quarter financial results. As a result, ChinaHR is excluded from third quarter continuing operations and prior results have been restated to reflect this change. The Company reported a non-cash asset impairment charge and deferred tax asset write-off of $225 million related to ChinaHR in the GAAP operating results.
- Evaluating all options for developing markets and substantially curtailing the losses incurred in those markets.
- Continuing and accelerating the redeployment of expenses into marketing and sales in Monster’s core markets, while reducing the run rate of operating expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV