Belden Inc. (NYSE: BDC), a global leader in signal transmission solutions for mission-critical applications, today reported third quarter 2012 results for the period ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Achieved record adjusted gross profit margins of 33.1%, increasing 370 basis points from 29.4% in the year-ago period;
- Improved adjusted operating profit margins to 12.1%, increasing 150 basis points from 10.6% in the year-ago period;
- Generated $54 million of free cash flow, increasing cash and cash equivalents to $386 million;
- Purchased 655,017 shares of Belden common stock for $25.0 million during the quarter, bringing the total program-to-date shares retired to 3.71 million under the previously announced share repurchase program; and
- Updated guidance for full year 2012 adjusted revenue of $1.94 – $1.95 billion and increased the low end of the range of adjusted income from continuing operations per diluted share to $3.00 – $3.05.
Third Quarter ResultsRevenue for the quarter totaled $490.4 million, up 1% compared to $484.0 million in the second quarter 2012. A loss from continuing operations of $1.14 per diluted share included recent debt refinancing costs of $0.76 per share, impairment charges of $0.57 per share primarily resulting from the pending consumer electronics asset sale, restructuring charges of $0.27 per share, purchase accounting effects related to acquisitions of $0.19 per share, and amortization of intangibles of $0.12 per share.
Adjusted revenue for the quarter totaled $493.2 million, up 2% compared to $484.0 million in the second quarter 2012. Adjusted income from continuing operations per diluted share for the quarter totaled $0.77, compared to $0.70 per diluted share in the third quarter 2011.John Stroup, President and CEO of Belden Inc., commented, "I am proud of our third quarter results, including record adjusted gross profit margins and strong free cash flow generation. Our ability to perform well in this weakened macro-economic climate is the result of our stronger portfolio and unique business system that is proving effective in a variety of business environments. Additionally, we believe the strategic actions discussed on our second quarter earnings call put us in a better position to execute well for the remainder of the year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV