- During the third quarter of 2012, 87% of the Company’s ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC stations were either the highest or second highest viewed television stations in their local markets. 2
- Core local and national time sales combined, which excludes political times sales, increased 6% in the third quarter of 2012, compared to the third quarter of 2011.
- The automotive category, which represented 28% of local and national advertising sales in the third quarter of 2012, increased 23% compared to the third quarter of 2011, during which the automotive category represented 24%.
1 The Company acquired a 57.6% interest (a 50.1% interest calculated on a fully diluted basis) in Nami Media, Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2011.
2 Nielsen Media Research; Average of LIN Media’s July 2012 Nielsen Ratings based on key demographics: Monday-Friday, Early Morning, Early Evening, Evening and Late News. All Nielsen data included in this release represents Nielsen’s estimates, and Nielsen has neither reviewed nor approved the data included in this release.
- During the third quarter of 2012, 100% of the Company’s web sites, in comScores measured markets, ranked number one or number two in their local market for unique visitors and page views, and 80% ranked number one or number two for overall engagement, versus the Company’s measured local broadcast competitors. In comparison to all local media competitors measured by comScore, 73% of the Company’s web sites, in its measured markets, ranked number one or number two in overall engagement. 3
- Mobile impressions, which include usage of the Company’s mobile web sites, smartphone and tablet applications, were approximately 212 million impressions during the third quarter of 2012, an increase of 77% compared to the third quarter of 2011.
- During the third quarter of 2012, the Company delivered 38 million total video impressions, an increase of 22% compared to the third quarter of 2011, and its commitment to continuous news coverage resulted in 7.5 million minutes of live streaming video.
- The Company opened its digital sales headquarters in New York City to advance its growth strategy and further build relationships with advertising agencies and brands.