Theragenics Reports Revenue And Earnings For Third Quarter 2012
Theragenics Corporation ® (NYSE: TGX), a medical device company serving the surgical products and prostate cancer treatment markets, today announced consolidated financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Consolidated Results and Highlights
- Consolidated revenue of $19.9 million in the third quarter, down 5% from 2011
- Earnings per share
- $0.02 in the third quarter compared to $0.03 in 2011
- Modified Dutch auction share repurchase in July 2012 had no effect on reported EPS for third quarter 2012
- Adjusted EBITDA of $3.2 million in the third quarter compared to $4.0 million in 2011
- Cash flow from operations of $4.3 million in the third quarter compared to $3.6 million in 2011
- Renewed credit facility with Wells Fargo in October 2012
- Increased maximum available borrowings to $40 million and reduced interest rate to LIBOR plus 1.75% with maturity date of October 2015
- Repurchased 4,761,904 common shares for $10.0 million in July 2012 pursuant to our modified Dutch auction tender offer. Total cost including transaction costs was approximately $10.4 million.
- Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities were $31.8 million and credit facility borrowings were $22.0 million at September 30, 2012, resulting in a net positive position of $9.8 million
- Surgical products revenue of $14.2 million in the third quarter, down 7% from 2011
- Brachytherapy revenue of $5.8 million in the third quarter, down 4% from 2011
- Incremental revenue in the Brachytherapy segment from acquired Core customers was $1.0 million in the third quarter of 2012
- Operating income
- Surgical products operating income of $243,000 in the third quarter, compared to $780,000 in 2011
- Brachytherapy operating income of $906,000 in the third quarter, compared to $1.2 million in 2011
Comments“Headwinds continue in all four of our business units,” stated M. Christine Jacobs, Chairman and CEO. “The medical device sector in which we reside is facing a triple threat of healthcare reform fallout, an impending medical device tax and macroeconomic uncertainty. Theragenics intends to weather this triple threat by continuing our plans for long term organic growth, improving profitability and conservative cash flow management.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV