Plans are also underway for a series of customer symposium held in conjunction with leading health care professional associations and featuring experts offering advice on a number of topics, including:
- Coping with the impact of Hurricane Sandy and managing the unknown that lies ahead
- Licensing, insurance recovery, human resources, cash flow, credit lines and other pressing issues
- Preparing the insurance claim (physical damage and business interruption)
- Loss accounting for insurance and tax-related considerations
- FEMA assistance and other governmental support mechanisms
- Solving the cash-flow and capital funding challenge
Symposia details are still being finalized, with one planned to be held as soon as possible and others to follow. Times and locations of symposia and featured speakers will be announced in the near future.
The Henry Schein disaster relief hotline remains open for dentists, physicians, and veterinarians who experience operational, logistical, or financial issues as a result of Hurricane Sandy. The toll-free number for all Henry Schein customers – 800-999-9729 – is operational from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
About Henry Schein, Inc. Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners. The Company also serves dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites. A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the NASDAQ 100® Index, Henry Schein employs more than 15,000 Team Schein Members and serves approximately 775,000 customers.The Company offers a comprehensive selection of products and services, including value-added solutions for operating efficient practices and delivering high-quality care. Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 90,000 national and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 100,000 additional products available as special-order items. The Company also offers its customers exclusive, innovative technology solutions, including practice management software and e-commerce solutions, as well as a broad range of financial services.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts