Future Shop's 2013 Future Generation Tech Lab Program Returns With $250,000 For Canadian High Schools
Samsung Hope for Children to donate an additional
$20,000 in technology
- Future Shop announced today its Future Generation Tech Lab program will award $250,000 to secondary schools across Canada in 2013.
- Applications are being accepted November 13 - December 20, 2012 via www.futureshop.ca/techlab.
- Future Shop is partnering with Samsung Hope for Children to award two additional technology grants each valued at $10,000 in consumer electronics product.
BURNABY, BC, Nov. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and etailer of consumer electronics, is pleased to announce the return of its Future Generation Tech Lab program. The 2013 program will provide $250,000 in total grants to deserving secondary schools across Canada. Founded in 2008, this program awards monetary grants to schools seeking resources to update the classroom technology necessary to inspire, motivate and empower today's students.
"In just four years, Future Shop has awarded 36 worthy high schools across Canada - from BC's Haida Gwaii to St. John's Newfoundland - with funds to help them transform lagging classrooms into high-tech learning havens," said Andrea Farnell, Community Relations Manager, Future Shop. "We are extremely excited to share that we will be awarding $250,000 to secondary schools in 2013. Our goal for the Future Generation Tech Lab program has always been to reduce the digital and economic divide for youth by providing them with state-of-the-art technology to stay inspired as they move into post-secondary education and into the workforce."
Past recipients of this program have dramatically transformed their classrooms into modern visual arts and animation studios, cutting-edge wood-working shops, updated language labs, video and music meccas, and much more. Since the program's inception, grants totalling more than $1.3 million have been awarded."We are always hearing from teachers how having newer technology in the classroom will expand what they can teach and how students will learn," said Farnell. "Our grants are about helping to build exceptional learning environments that give students and teachers the tools they need to excel."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV