Hardinge Inc. (NASDAQ: HDNG), a leading international provider of advanced metal-cutting solutions, reported financial results for its third quarter 2012.
Net sales (“sales”) were $82.9 million in the third quarter of 2012, down $7.5 million, or 8%, from sales of $90.4 million in the prior-year’s third quarter. Compared with the prior-year quarter, foreign currency translation negatively impacted third quarter 2012 sales by approximately $3.6 million. Excluding the impact of foreign currency translation, sales decreased $3.9 million, or 4%. When compared with the trailing second quarter of 2012, sales were down $3.4 million, or 4%, during the third quarter 2012.
Net income for the third quarter decreased to $4.0 million, down $0.2 million when compared with the prior year’s third quarter. Compared with the trailing second quarter of 2012, net income grew $0.4 million, or 10%. On a per diluted share basis, earnings were $0.34 in the third quarter of 2012 compared with $0.36 in the same period in the prior year and $0.31 in the trailing second quarter of 2012.
Richard L. Simons, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are pleased that our results for the quarter came in as we had expected with $4.0 million of net income and generation of over $5 million of cash from operations.”Sales by Region
|September 30,||September 30,||June 30,|
Sales to Customers in
|2012||% of Total||2011||% Change||2012||% Change|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV