Kayak shares jumped almost 27% in after-hours trading Thursday to $39.30.
Walt Disney (DIS), the media and entertainment giant, posted an in-line quarterly profit on Thursday with net income rising 14% but came up short of analysts' estimates on the top line. The Earnings Power of the Magic Kingdom
Groupon (GRPN), the online deals company, reported a surprise loss for its third quarter with revenue of $568.6 million missing Wall Street's consensus view of $590.1 million. Groupon Slammed on Earnings Miss
Nordstrom (JWN) posted third-quarter profit of $146 million, or 71 cents a share, compared with $127 million, or 59 cents a share, a year earlier. Revenue rose 14%. Nordstrom narrowed its full-year profit outlook to a range of $3.45 to $3.50 a share from guidance of $3.40 to $3.50 a share the retailer issued in August.
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX) said Thursday it's exploring strategic alternatives, perhaps selling itself to a third party. Shares of the provider of electronic health record services rose as much as 10% in after-hours trading Thursday.
J.C. Penney (JCP) is expected to post third-quarter results before Friday's opening bell and analysts expect the retailer to post a loss of 7 cents a share on revenue of $3.27 billion. In the same period a year earlier, J.C. Penney earned 11 cents a share on revenue of $3.99 billion.
Other companies reporting quarterly results on Friday include CompuCredit (CCRT), E.W. Scripps (SSP), Energizer Holdings (ENR), Federal Signal (FSS), Foster Wheeler (FWLT), Ivanhoe Energy (IVAN), MGIC Investment (MGIC), NutriSystem (NTRI), and Warner Chilcott (WCRX).
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV