Perion Network Ltd. (NASDAQ: PERI), today announced the acquisition of SweetIM (a.k.a. “SweetPacks”), an Israeli consumer internet company. SweetPacks produces a variety of free, fun, easy to use and safe apps and downloadable content for everyday use.
“I am very excited about this powerful acquisition that builds off of our great Q3 numbers and accelerates our growth rate. In addition, the acquisition significantly increases our revenues, nearly doubles our profits and expands our profit margins enabling us to exceed $100 million in revenue in 2013,” commented Josef Mandelbaum, Perion’s Chief Executive Officer.
SweetPacks generated $29.7 million in revenues in the 12 month period ending September 30, 2012, with Adjusted EBITDA of $9.0 million, at a 30% margin. This is 89% higher than 2011 revenues of $15.7 million and almost double 2011 Adjusted EBITDA of $4.5 million.
|Trailing Twelve Months “TTM” 9/30/12|
|In millions ($US)||Perion (1)||SweetPacks (2)||Combined|
|Adjusted EBITDA (Margin)||$||10.3 (20||%)||$||9.0 (30||%)||$||19.2 (24||%)|
|Enterprise Value (EV)||$||71.4M||$||40.0M|
|(1) Perion revenue and Adjusted EBITDA are on a non-GAAP basis; a detailed reconciliation can be found in table attached.|
|(2) Based on company preliminary financials.|
“This combination provides meaningful scale and adds improved back-end systems that will strengthen our competitive advantage,” added Mr. Mandelbaum. “This acquisition further accelerates our own efforts to scale, adds 22 million new users, creating a larger and more profitable company.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV