Starting today, Starbucks Coffee Company (NASDAQ:SBUX) will begin accepting Square’s mobile payment application, Square Wallet, in participating U.S. company-operated locations. With Square Wallet, Starbucks is giving customers another way to enjoy a quick, seamless payment experience at approximately 7,000 Starbucks stores.
With Square Wallet people can pay at Starbucks and explore nearby businesses, browse menu information, store hours and transaction history, all on their phone. Square Wallet is in addition to Starbucks own mobile payment applications on iOS and Android™, which are used by Starbucks customers more than 2 million times each week, and are fully integrated with the Starbucks Card and My Starbucks Rewards™ programs.
“We look forward to continuing to create amazing connections with our customers – both in our stores and outside of our stores and offering our customers choices in how they want to pay. Starbucks was the first national retailer to offer its own mobile payment technology combined with a world-class loyalty program in January 2011, and we have seen a tremendous response from our customers with more than 100 million mobile transactions occurring in our U.S. stores since its launch,” said Adam Brotman, Starbucks chief digital officer. “Starbucks believes in the values and vision of Square, and just three months after announcing our partnership with Square, we are thrilled to make the convenience of paying with the Square Wallet app available to our customers starting today.”
Customers simply download Square Wallet to their iOS or Android™ device to set up an account. Square Wallet is linked to their debit or credit card, so there is never a need to reload a balance. Customers tap “pay here” and scan their QR code – similar to the customer experience on the existing Starbucks mobile payment applications. Their digital receipt appears instantly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV