SAO PAULO, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a company engaged in fuel distribution (Ultragaz/Ipiranga), chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the third quarter of 2012.
In 3Q12, we completed one more quarter of positive earnings progression, with 21% and 29% growth in EBITDA and net income.
- ULTRAPAR'S NET REVENUES TOTAL R$ 14 BILLION IN 3Q12, 9% GROWTH OVER 3Q11
- ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA REACHES R$ 647 MILLION IN 3Q12, 21% GROWTH OVER 3Q11
- NET EARNINGS REACH R$ 291 MILLION IN 3Q12, UP 29% OVER 3Q11, WITH A NET MARGIN OF 2.1%
- ULTRAPAR IS NAMED AMONG WORLD'S 100 MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES BY FORBES MAGAZINE, IS AWARDED AS THE 2ND BEST COMPANY FOR SHAREHOLDERS IN 2012 BY CAPITAL ABERTO MAGAZINE AND RECEIVES IMPORTANT RECOGNITIONS FROM INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR MAGAZINE FOR INVESTOR RELATIONS
"We are pleased to report the twenty-fifth consecutive quarter of EBITDA growth of Ultrapar, reaping the benefits of investments made to increase operating scale and of the focus on value creation, continuing a trajectory of success and sustained growth over its history of 75 years. We also received important recognitions from the market this quarter. Ultrapar was elected one of the world's most innovative companies by Forbes and the second best company for shareholders in 2012 by Capital Aberto magazine, in addition to the recognition from Institutional Investor magazine for its corporate governance and professionals. As announced in May, I will close my term as CEO of Ultrapar in late December 2012, confident that we have solid foundations to continue our success story."Pedro Wongtschowski – CEO
Results conference call Brazilian conference call / APIMEC November 9th, 2012 9:30 a.m. (US EST)Hotel Unique(Tavarua room) Sao Paulo – SPTelephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155Code: UltraparInternational conference call November 9th, 2012 12:00 p.m. (US EST)Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015Participants in the USA: 1 877 317 6776Participants International: +1 412 317 6776Code: Ultrapar IR Contact E-mail: email@example.comTelephone: + 55 11 3177 7014Website: www.ultra.com.br Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.UGPA3 = R$ 45.61/share (09/30/12)UGP = US$ 22.31/ADR (09/30/12) SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts