Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced that a Hyatt affiliate has signed an agreement for a Hyatt Regency hotel in Istanbul with Bosphorus Otelcilik ve Yatirim Ltd. The hotel, which will open in January 2014, will be the third Hyatt-branded hotel in Istanbul, joining Grand Hyatt Istanbul and Park Hyatt Istanbul Maçka Palas.
Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy will offer 310 guestrooms, including 30 suites, with rooms ranging in size from 38 sq m to 180 sq m. The hotel will feature more than 1,700 sq m of meeting and event space, including a 1,000 sq m ballroom, two restaurants, a rooftop bar, outdoor and indoor pools, a fitness center, and a spa. GA Design International will be responsible for the interior design of the hotel. Located in western Istanbul on Rauf Orbay Street, Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy will be a short drive from Atatürk International Airport and will be 10 km from Istanbul’s historic Old Town, which is home to destinations such as the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and the Grand Bazaar.
Stating that Istanbul had established itself as an important commercial hub and a major tourism destination in southeastern Europe, Peter Norman, Senior Vice President, Acquisitions and Development for Hyatt International – Europe, Africa, and Middle East, said, “The announcement of Hyatt Regency Istanbul further underscores our commitment to building preference by expanding the number of Hyatt-branded hotels throughout Europe.”
Stating that they are proud to work with Hyatt to bring the Hyatt Regency brand to Istanbul, Ilhan Mürsel, Managing Director, Bosphorus Hospitality & Investment said, “We believe Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy’s extensive meeting and event space and ideal location near Atatürk International Airport will be appealing to large groups and business and leisure travelers alike.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV