Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc. (NYSE: MPO) ("Midstates" or the "Company") announced today its financial and operating results for the three months ended September 30, 2012. Midstates’ third quarter results featured increased production led by a 13% uplift in oil and a highly successful first horizontal Wilcox completion at North Cowards Gully, which has averaged over 1,400 gross barrels of oil equivalent ("Boe") per day since first production on September 15, 2012. The Company indicated that third quarter results do not reflect any impact from the Eagle Energy Acquisition which closed October 1, 2012.
Key points for the three months ended September 30, 2012 include:
- Adjusted EBITDA totaled $32.7 million. See "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" in the tables below for a definition of Adjusted EBITDA and a reconciliation to net income (loss) and net cash provided by operating activities.
- Adjusted Net Income (which excludes unrealized gains/losses on derivatives and the related income tax effect) totaled $0.1 million. See "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" in the tables below for a definition of Adjusted Net Income and reconciliation to net income (loss).
- Average daily production rose to 8,182 net Boe per day from 7,904 net Boe per day in the second quarter of 2012; oil production and natural gas liquids ("NGL") volumes rose 13% and 18%, respectively, compared with the second quarter of 2012, while natural gas volumes were lower by 28%.
- Cash Operating Expenses (which includes lease operating and workover expenses, severance and ad valorem taxes, and the cash portion of general and administrative expenses) were $26.67 per Boe, before costs associated with the Eagle Energy Acquisition. See "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" in the tables below for a definition of Cash Operating Expenses and reconciliation to Operating Expenses.
- 20 gross wells and two horizontal sidetracks were spud during the third quarter of 2012, of which nine were producing, eight were awaiting completion, four were drilling at quarter end and one was a mechanical dry hole. Since September 30, 2012, Midstates has spud 13 additional wells, including those spud on its newly acquired Mississippian Lime properties.
- Completed the Musser-Davis 8H-1 horizontal well located in the North Cowards Gully Field in Beauregard Parish, Louisiana. The well continues to show strong production results and has averaged 1,263 gross Boe per day for the seven day period ending November 5, 2012. Four horizontal projects are currently underway, with two at West Gordon, one at South Bearhead Creek and one at North Cowards Gully.
Other significant recent events through November 5, 2012, include:
- Closing of the acquisition of all of Eagle Energy Production, LLC’s producing properties as well as their developed and undeveloped acreage primarily in the Mississippian Lime oil play in Oklahoma and Kansas, and the related commodity hedging instruments, for $325 million in cash (before customary post-closing adjustments and adjustments for expenses incurred and revenue received by Eagle since June 1, 2012) and 325,000 shares of Midstates’ Series A Preferred Stock with an initial liquidation preference value of $1,000 per share.
- Amendment of the Company’s revolving credit facility to increase the borrowing base (subject to semiannual redetermination) to $250 million effective October 1, 2012 and to allow for the issuance of the Notes (discussed further below) and the Series A Preferred Stock issued in connection with the Eagle Energy Acquisition.
- Closing of the private issuance of $600 million in aggregate principal amount of 10.75% senior unsecured notes (the “Notes”) due 2020. A portion of the net proceeds were used to fund the cash portion of the Eagle Energy Acquisition.
John Crum, Midstates Chief Executive Officer and President commented, “The last four months have been exceptionally productive for Midstates. In addition to closing the Eagle transaction exactly as planned and completing an up-sized $600 million senior notes offering to fund the acquisition and our future drilling program, we also had excellent results from a key horizontal well and met our production guidance.” Crum continued, “During the third quarter, our oil and natural gas liquids volumes continued to increase in total and as a percentage of our overall daily production mix, allowing us to capture the higher value associated with those products. While our overall production increased 4% over the second quarter of 2012, our revenues from oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids increased 10%, primarily due to the improved production mix.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV