AG Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Earnings
Core Earnings are defined by the Company as net income excluding both realized and unrealized gains (losses) on the sale or termination of securities, including underlying linked transactions and derivatives. As defined, Core Earnings include the net interest earned on these transactions, including credit derivatives, linked transactions, inverse Agency securities, interest rate derivatives or any other investment activity that may earn net interest. One of the objectives of the Company is to generate net income from net interest margin on the portfolio and management uses Core Earnings to measure this objective.
A reconciliation of GAAP net income to Core Earnings for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012, and for three months ended September 20, 2011 and the period from March 7, 2011 to September 30, 2011 is set forth below:
|Three Months Ended||Three Months Ended||Nine Months Ended||March 7, 2011 to|
|September 30, 2012||September 30, 2011||September 30, 2012||September 30, 2011|
|Net Income available to common stockholders||$||60,430,279||$||13,217,042||$||116,298,495||$||13,201,224|
|Net realized gain||(4,105,323||)||(4,291,139||)||(14,087,123||)||(4,291,139||)|
|Gain on linked transactions, net||(6,688,111||)||(204,727||)||(13,492,268||)||(204,727||)|
|Net interest income on linked transactions||2,917,262||345,909||6,861,434||345,909|
|Unrealized loss on derivative instruments, net||13,371,486||6,562,093||26,793,133||6,562,093|
|Unrealized gain on real estate securities||(45,917,570||)||(9,694,455||)||(78,755,229||)||(9,694,455||)|
|Core Earnings, per Diluted Share||$||1.03||$||0.63||$||2.65||$||1.43|
(1) Per share figures are calculated using a denominator of all outstanding shares including all shares granted to our Manager and our independent directors under our equity incentive plans as of quarter end. Net book value uses stockholders’ equity less net proceeds of the Company’s 8.25% Series A and 8.00% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock as the numerator.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts