BEDMINSTER, N.J., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Peapack-Gladstone Financial Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select Market:PGC) (the Company) reported that it has completed the first phase of its review of its loan portfolio following Hurricane Sandy. Amounts outstanding or committed on residential first and second mortgage loans and commercial mortgage loans secured by properties located in a designated flood zone within New Jersey Coastal towns total $15.9 million, or 1.5% of the outstanding loan portfolio as of September 30, 2012. The weighted average loan-to-value ratio at origination of such loans was 56%, implying property values at loan origination of approximately $28 million. Further, all such properties were required to carry flood insurance, resulting in $8.8 million of potential flood insurance coverage.
Doug Kennedy, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The lower loan-to-value ratios, and the existence of flood insurance in appropriate amounts reflect our strong underwriting and administration of our loan portfolios. Further, given this information, we believe we will not incur any material losses from this portion of our portfolio due to the effects of the storm."
The Company continues to evaluate the effects of the storm in general, and on its loan portfolio, and, although there can be no assurances, does not expect the overall effect of the storm to materially affect financial performance.
ABOUT THE COMPANYPeapack-Gladstone Financial Corporation is a bank holding company with total assets of $1.58 billion as of September 30, 2012. Peapack-Gladstone Bank, its wholly owned community bank, was established in 1921, and has 23 branches in Somerset, Hunterdon, Morris, Middlesex and Union Counties. The Bank's wealth management division, PGB Trust & Investments, operates at the Bank's corporate offices located at 500 Hills Drive in Bedminster and at four other locations in Clinton, Morristown and Summit, New Jersey and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. To learn more about Peapack-Gladstone Financial Corporation and its services please visit our website at www.pgbank.com or call 908-234-0700.The foregoing contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are not historical facts and include expressions about management's confidence and strategies and management's expectations about new and existing programs and products, investments, relationships, opportunities and market conditions. These statements may be identified by such forward-looking terminology as "expect", "look", "believe", "anticipate", "may", or similar statements or variations of such terms. Actual results may differ materially from such forward-looking statements. Factors that may cause results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to
- a continued or unexpected decline in the economy, in particular in our New Jersey market area;
- declines in value in our investment portfolio;
- higher than expected increases in our allowance for loan losses;
- higher than expected increases in loan losses or in the level of nonperforming loans;
- unexpected changes in interest rates;
- inability to successfully grow our business;
- inability to manage our growth;
- a continued or unexpected decline in real estate values within our market areas;
- legislative and regulatory actions (including the impact of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and related regulations) subject us to additional regulatory oversight which may result in increased compliance costs;
- successful cyber attacks against our IT infrastructure and that of our IT providers;
- higher than expected FDIC insurance premiums;
- lack of liquidity to funds our various cash obligations;
- reduction in our lower-cost funding sources;
- our inability to adapt to technological changes;
- claims and litigation pertaining to fiduciary responsibility, environmental laws and other matters;
- other unexpected material adverse changes in our operations or earnings; and
- adverse effects of Hurricane Sandy on business conditions and property values in New Jersey.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.