Pulse Electronics Corporation (NYSE:PULS), a leading provider of electronic components, today reported results for its third quarter ended September 28, 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Net sales were $88.2 million, down 8.1 percent from $96.0 million in the prior-year quarter, and down 12.1 percent from $100.4 million in the second quarter.
- Operating loss (U.S. GAAP) was $5.8 million compared with a loss of $0.7 million in the prior-year quarter and a loss of $0.1 million in the second quarter.
- Non-GAAP operating loss was $0.6 million, compared with a profit of $2.6 million in the prior-year quarter and a profit of $0.8 million in the second quarter. (See Schedule A for a reconciliation of U.S. GAAP results to non-GAAP measures.)
Additionally, the company and certain affiliates of investment funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., an affiliate of Oaktree Capital Group, LLC (NYSE: OAK), a leading global investment management firm with approximately $81 billion under management, have entered into definitive agreements to recapitalize Pulse with a debt and equity investment of approximately $102.7 million in Pulse. At closing, Pulse intends to use the proceeds to repay $55 million outstanding under its senior credit agreement with its existing lenders and use $20 million for working capital and general business purposes. In addition, Oaktree has agreed to exchange $27.7 million of the company’s $50 million in outstanding 7% senior convertible notes due 2014. The new capital structure supports the company’s long term strategy and the execution of its business plans. The loan has a five-year term and will allow Pulse to further strengthen its technology leadership in the electronics components industry, continue the turnaround of its wireless business, and significantly reduce the amount of cash required for debt service. Pulse expects these transactions to close on or around November 19, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV