The Babcock & Wilcox Company (NYSE: BWC) (“B&W” or the “Company”) today reported third quarter 2012 revenues of $807.6 million, an increase of $100.0 million, or 14.1% from the third quarter of 2011. Earnings per share for the third quarter of 2012 were $0.34. Earnings per share for the third quarter 2012 include the recognition of $25.3 million of previously unrecognized tax benefits and $28.6 million of non-cash impairment charges, net of tax. Before the impact of these items, earnings per share for the third quarter of 2012 were $0.37, a decrease of 5.1% from the $0.39 reported in the third quarter of 2011.
B&W’s Board of Directors declared an $0.08 per share quarterly dividend, payable on December 17, 2012 to shareholders of record as of November 19, 2012. On an annualized basis, the initial cash dividend is expected to be $0.32 per share. The Board also authorized the repurchase of up to $250 million of the Company’s outstanding common stock during a two-year period.
- Awarded $170 Million Boiler and Environmental Contract for Denmark Waste-to-Energy Plant
- B&W Joint Venture Awarded $290 Million Engineering, Procurement and Construction Environmental Contract for Iowa Power Plant
- B&W China Joint Venture Awarded Contract in Excess of $300 Million for Boiler and Environmental Project in Vietnam
- Awarded $60 Million Coal-Fired Boiler Contract in Colombia, South America
- Awarded $28 Million Biomass Boiler Contract in Canada
- Ribbon Cutting Event Held at B&W mPower TM Fuel Technology Center
Results of OperationsConsolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2012 were $807.6 million, an increase of $100.0 million, or 14.1%, from the third quarter of 2011. The Power Generation segment revenues increased $41.1 million, or 10.7%, primarily due to an increase in environmental equipment sales. Nuclear Operations segment revenues increased $30.1 million, or 11.8%, primarily due to increased manufacturing activity. Nuclear Energy segment revenues increased $13.5 million, or 22.0%, primarily due to increased project scope completion of nuclear equipment contracts. Technical Services revenues declined $2.6 million, or 9.1%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts