KBR (NYSE:KBR) today announced that it has been selected by GDF SUEZ Bonaparte Pty. Ltd. (GDF SUEZ), operator of the Bonaparte LNG project, to execute floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) production vessel design work for its project offshore Darwin, Australia.
This award is one of two contracts being let by GDF SUEZ as part of an initial concept definition design competition for the vessel. The award also pre-qualifies KBR as a contender for the EPC delivery phase of the project. The concept definition work is already underway in KBR’s London operations centre in Leatherhead, and is expected to last up to 12 months.
KBR has developed an extensive global FLNG engineering capability in recent years, and draws on its experienced resource pool with capabilities in FPSO and onshore LNG EPC delivery.
“KBR is delighted to be working with GDF SUEZ on this project. We look forward to working together in a new relationship which we hope will prove valuable for both companies as this project moves towards the EPC phase,” said Roy Oelking, Group President, Hydrocarbons. “This work follows KBR’s recent FLNG front-end projects in London, Houston and Perth. FLNG represents a new market for the industry and KBR’s engineering capability is already being utilized in several FLNG projects around the world.KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV