Chesapeake Granite Wash Trust (NYSE:CHKR) (the “Trust”) announced today that its common unit distribution for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 (which primarily relates to production attributable to the Trust’s royalty interests from June 1, 2012 through August 31, 2012) will be $0.6300 per common unit. The Trust will also pay a distribution of $0.2208 per subordinated unit for the quarter. The distributions will be paid on November 29, 2012 to all common and subordinated unitholders of record at the close of business on November 19, 2012.
During the three-month production period ended August 31, 2012, total sales volumes and realized oil, natural gas liquids and natural gas prices were lower than estimated. This resulted in quarterly income available for distribution of $0.5277 per unit, which is $0.1023 below the subordination threshold. As a result, the distribution per common unit is the subordination threshold of $0.6300 for the quarter.
The following table provides sales volumes, realized prices and revenue attributable to the Trust’s royalty interests, expenses of the Trust and distributable income available to unitholders for the production period from June 1, 2012 to August 31, 2012.
|Natural gas liquids (mbbl)||288|
|Natural gas (mmcf)||3,204|
|Total oil equivalent volumes (mboe)||968|
|Average price received per production unit: (1)|
|Natural gas liquids||$||27.49|
Distributable income calculation (in thousands except per unit income):
|Revenue less production taxes (1)||$||25,395|
|Derivative settlement loss||($375||)|
|Distributable income available to unitholders||$||24,670|
|Calculated distributable income per unit (2)||$||0.5277|
|Distributable income per common unit (3)||$||0.6300|
|Distributable income per subordinated unit||$||0.2208|
(1) Includes the effect of certain marketing, gathering and transportation deductions.(2) Based on 46,750,000 units issued and outstanding, consisting of 35,062,500 common units and 11,687,500 subordinated units. (3) Equal to subordination threshold of $0.6300 per common unit. Due to the timing of the payment of production proceeds to the Trust, quarterly distributions generally include royalties attributable to sales of oil, natural gas liquids and natural gas for three months, including the first two months of the quarter just ended and the last month of the prior quarter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts