NORTHBROOK, Ill., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Athena is approaching the Northeast, as residents are just beginning to recover from Sandy. Allstate recommends residents listen to instructions from local authorities and take appropriate steps to prepare for the next storm.
Allstate Insurance has set up Mobile Claims Centers to help policyholders in East Coast markets following Sandy. These self-contained motor coaches are equipped with generators, satellite technology and high-speed internet connectivity so Allstate's National Catastrophe Team can set up temporary claim locations and provide policyholders claim support in areas hardest hit by a storm. With the coming storm in mind, Allstate will adjust the deployment of its mobile claim centers and personnel on the ground as conditions require.
Claims personnel are also available 24/7. Allstate customers who suffered damage can call 1-800-54-STORM (800-457-8676), go online to http://www.allstate.com/claims/report-claim.aspx or contact their agent to file a claim or receive additional information about the claims process.
Once it is safe, Allstate Insurance recommends residents carefully inspect their homes and vehicles for damage.If possible, Allstate recommends homeowners follow these easy tips now that can make the recovery process easier on you and your family. Before you leave...
- Collect all your important papers and documents. This includes bank and financial information, as well as your bills and checkbooks.
- Some coastal homeowners may have their insurance for wind and flood with a different insurance company than their primary homeowners insurance policy. Make sure to gather all of your insurance information, like homeowners, flood, wind and auto insurance carriers and policy numbers, so you are able to initiate a possible claim with the appropriate carrier quickly after the storm.
- Think carefully about what items are easily replaceable by insurance and what items are not, like family heirlooms, keepsakes and pictures
- Review your homeowners insurance policy to determine whether it provides for additional living expenses when you are prohibited from using your home because of civil authority orders.
- Contact your agent with any questions.
- Review your auto policy to determine whether you have coverage for flying objects or rising water. Contact your agent with any questions.
- Respect local authorities and law enforcement decisions on when to evacuate and when it is safe to return home.
- Tell your neighbors where you will be going and exchange contact information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV