BraveLove Launches Movement To Increase Domestic Adoption
DALLAS, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With Halloween past, the holiday season has officially begun. Over the next two months, families will come together to make merry and cherish their loved ones. November, in particular, offers Thanksgiving and another important celebration for many families -- National Adoption Month. Only through the compassionate act of adoption have these families become the one they are celebrating today.
Yet the number of families able to benefit from domestic adoption isn't nearly as large as it could be. Currently in the U.S., only 2 percent of women with unplanned pregnancies consider adoption according to the National Council for Adoption. BraveLove, a new Dallas-based movement, is dedicated to growing that number by encouraging young women to consider adoption when faced with an unplanned pregnancy. Since adoption is rarely considered, many families interested in adopting a child have to do so from another country.
The mission of BraveLove is to provide honest, informative and hopeful communication about domestic adoption. BraveLove wants to change how people think about adoption by conveying how courageous it is for a woman to place her child with a loving, adoptive family. Ultimately, BraveLove wants to witness an increase in domestic adoptions.
"We are very excited to see our vision come to life and to spread our message of love and courage," said Ellen Porter, founder of BraveLove, who has adopted two children herself."If a women is faced with an unplanned pregnancy, adoption may be a great option for her," said Porter. "There are many people who view adoption in a negative light. But for many birthmothers, adopted children and adoptive families, it is an amazing act of love and courage."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV