MIAMI, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the widespread devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) (Nasdaq: SBSA) and 22 major market radio stations and national television network, MegaTV and AmeriCares will air a live benefit radio/telethon starting Wednesday, November 7 th, 2012 at 6 a.m. (ET/PT/CT). The three day-long radio/telethon will target the collection of food products, clothing, medicine and household goods for distribution to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The radio/telethon "Hispanos Unidos" (Hispanics United) will be broadcast from local SBS studios in the major cities of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Miami and Puerto Rico. It will air live nationally.
"Hispanics United" (Hispanos Unidos) for Hurricane Relief will air on Wednesday, November 7 th, 2012 through Friday, November 9 th, 2012 on all SBS radio stations and MegaTV (DirecTV channel 405). The entire broadcast will also be streamed live on www.lamusica.com.
"As we learned about the dire conditions in our neighborhoods, SBS decided to coordinate this multimedia effort in order to provide affected residents with food, water and relief supplies," said Mr. Raul Alarcon, President and CEO of Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. "This is a challenging time for everyone who has been affected by the storm and we want everyone to know that we are doing everything possible to get help to them as quickly as possible."Celebrities, Politicians and Athletes along with supporters of the relief effort, will appeal for contributions to provide aid and assistance to those in the East Coast regions affected by the natural disaster.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV