3 Stocks Pushing The Materials & Construction Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, MDU Resources Group ( MDU) is down $0.69 (-3.2%) to $20.60 on average volume Thus far, 380,997 shares of MDU Resources Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 566,400 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $20.41-$21.20 after having opened the day at $21.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.29. MDU Resources Group, Inc. operates as a diversified natural resource company in the United States. The company generates, transmits, and distributes electricity, as well as distributes natural gas. MDU Resources Group has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate MDU Resources Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MDU Resources Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Get the full MDU Resources Group Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts