4. As of noon trading, Covidien ( COV) is down $0.98 (-1.8%) to $54.80 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.9 million shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $54.09-$55.57 after having opened the day at $55.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.78. Covidien Public Limited Company develops, manufactures, and sells healthcare products for use in clinical and home settings in the United States and internationally. Covidien has a market cap of $26.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Covidien a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Covidien as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Covidien Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts