3. As of noon trading, Public Storage ( PSA) is up $2.45 (1.7%) to $143.48 on heavy volume Thus far, 691,493 shares of Public Storage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 597,000 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $140.31-$143.90 after having opened the day at $140.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $141.03. Public Storage operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It engages in the acquisition, development, ownership, and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. Public Storage has a market cap of $24.0 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 44.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Public Storage a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Public Storage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Public Storage Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts