3 Stocks Pushing The Materials & Construction Industry Higher
2. As of noon trading, Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX) is up $0.36 (2.3%) to $16.06 on heavy volume Thus far, 3.1 million shares of Louisiana-Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $15.33-$16.44 after having opened the day at $15.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.70. Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in manufacturing and distributing building products for new home construction, repair and remodeling, manufactured housing, and light industrial and commercial construction. Louisiana-Pacific has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of -13.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 98.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Louisiana-Pacific a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Louisiana-Pacific as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Louisiana-Pacific Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts