CHICAGO, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Experts from Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars are offering important information for current and potential Suzuki owners. With news released that the automaker's U.S. distributor has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and will be pulling out of the domestic market, Cars.com experts have put together advice and answers to many questions:
- Will my warranty still be honored? All currently valid warranties will be honored, according to Suzuki representatives. If you buy a new Suzuki today, the existing new-car warranty will be included.
- Where do I take my car to be serviced? There are 220 Suzuki dealers nationwide, and Suzuki says they will transition to delivering parts and service only from here on out.
- Will parts be hard to find? If past bankrupt automakers are any indication, parts will be available but may be harder to track down. Japanese Suzuki remains in business, so the prospects are more promising than they would be for a liquidated company.
- Will this lower my resale value? We have seen bankruptcies immediately decrease resale value of existing cars, most recently with Saab.
"As a result of Chapter 11, many Suzuki dealers might be trying to clear out their inventories, which means shoppers could find a great deal," said Joe Wiesenfelder, Cars.com's Executive Editor. "Potential buyers do need to understand that resale value will also be lower -- unpredictably so -- and parts could be harder to find. Additionally, we urge all shoppers to confirm with the dealer that there will be warranty coverage before buying."
Currently there are 3,647 new Suzukis listed for sale nationwide on Cars.com. For more information and advice about this news and the four Suzuki models currently on the market, visit blogs.cars.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV