"The success of this simple HUMS-based retirement procedure serves as a precursor for implementing more sophisticated technologies to manage component retirement times," said Dr. Andreas Bernhard, SAS Director of Analytics & Technology and Chief Engineer. "This paradigm change will result in significant cost savings and reduction of the operator's maintenance burden – as well as impact the design of new products. These types of methodologies can realize optimal weight design and achieve reliability through continuous monitoring of usage, loads, and health."
Sikorsky Aerospace Services is the worldwide aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX). SAS provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing aircraft throughout the world. It offers its military and commercial operators a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support. Sikorsky, based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV