Papa John’s announced today that it is donating $1 for pizza orders today (Wednesday) to the American Red Cross as part of its ongoing commitment to support humanitarian relief efforts related to Superstorm Sandy.
Papa John’s donations are in partnership with University of Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari, who along with his players is hosting a telethon Wednesday to benefit victims of the storm. The Wildcats open their 2012-13 regular season – and defense of their 2012 NCAA championship – Friday in Brooklyn, N.Y., against the University of Maryland.
The telethon will air from 7 to 9 p.m. on WKYT in Lexington, Ky., and on all UK/IMG network affiliates throughout the state, with all proceeds going to the American Red Cross.
Papa John’s has been working with the American Red Cross throughout Sandy’s aftermath, including placing a mobile pizza unit in Deer Park, N.Y., on Long Island, providing 200 pizzas per hour for emergency responders, volunteers and people displaced and affected by Sandy. Also, Papa John’s continues to provide a link to the American Red Cross ( www.redcross.org) for donations at www.papajohns.com.“As a brand, as a company, and as individuals, we live and breathe quality every day. It is in our DNA to always strive to be better, including giving back to those in need,” said John Schnatter, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Papa John’s. “This storm has devastated many, many lives, including those in the Papa John’s family. Coach Cal is part of the Papa John’s family; I’m proud that he is doing the telethon and partnering with us on this relief effort.” “Basketball is important, but what we’re doing with the telethon is bigger, and our student-athletes understand that, and so does my friend John Schnatter,” Calipari said. “We’re going to raise a lot of money that will help many people who urgently need all kinds of assistance.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV