NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - A hurricane wrought havoc on the East Coast last week, but Sandy has finally swept away. After widespread outages, power is finally back (for most). This means it's . time to go back to work It also means that your favorite restaurants are open again!
After surviving on non-perishable food for days, just about any hot meal probably sounds tasty right now. But why have a B meal when you could be eating an A? It's a good thing there's an app for that. (And by "app," we don't mean appetizer).
Whether you plan to go out on the town or over to the dinner table, there are countless apps to help you maximize your food happiness. Social media and review sites can help you figure out where to eat out. Cooking guides and delivery services can help you enjoy something delectable at home.
But not all apps are created equal. Here's TheStreet's top Apple (AAPL) iPhone apps for food lovers.Yelp Yelp (YELP) is a user-generated reviews site, which went public earlier this year. It's on this list since it's a must-have for any foodie. With over 30 million reviews, Yelp can help you determine where to eat and what to eat. Sort results by neighborhood, price, and cuisine to find exactly what you need. Restaurant photos are available as well. Sure, there's always the possibility of fake reviews, but those are easy to spot, right? With location-based check-ins, Yelp now competes with Foursquare. (I mean, why eat at a 5 star restaurant if you can't brag about it to your friends)? And akin to Groupon (GRPN), Yelp offers deals (which makes sense, because you should probably check Yelp before buying a deal on Groupon anyway). The free app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, but requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV