NEW YORK (
Gold for December delivery lost $3.20 to $1,711.80 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The
Gold hit 24-hour highs early Wednesday after Mitt Romney conceded the election, but gradually sank lower until European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said that the ECB's new bond-buying program would allow for unlimited interventions in government bond markets.
"But we have to understand how markets work. Our actions have to send a clear signal to markets that their fears about the euro area are baseless," Draghi said Wednesday in prepared remarks."Election now over and attention to basics and other problems like economic recovery will resume," George Gero, precious metals analyst at RBC Wealth Management, wrote in a note. "Good for gold as a continuing haven and a return to basics and Euro Zone problems after Draghi spoke brought new buyers to gold."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV