5. Barack Obama
Twitter handle: @barackobama
Joined Twitter: March 5, 2007
First tweet: April 29, 2007. "Thinking we're only one signature away from ending the war in Iraq. Learn more at http://www.barackobama.com"
This handle followed the president through his first presidential nomination, his first Democratic National Convention, his first election win, his health care push, the ensuing GOP takeover of the House of Representatives, his repeal of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and yet another successful election cycle.
The president's biggest Twitter moment didn't come until this last election night, though. His simple tweet of three words ("Four more years.") and a picture of he and his wife embracing was retweeted more than 600,000 times and was easily the most popular tweet of all time, beating a tweet sent back in September by Justin Bieber that was retweeted more than 223,000 times. There are no other politicians in Twitter's Top 30, which makes Obama somewhat of an online pop icon for trouncing the Canadian teen idol.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV