1. Lady Gaga
Twitter handle: @ladygaga
Joined Twitter: March 26, 2008
First tweet: March 27, 2008. "op rehearsing for my video just dance and am now at wmc to perform at the Armani and nervous records party. But I am no nervous record!"
Is it possible for a Twitter page to be more popular than the person it belongs to? Don't get us wrong, the life of this page covers Gaga's entire ascent: The more than 20 million albums sold, the 10 singles in the Top 10, the collaboration with Beyonce.
It's just that after the release of Born This Way last year, the $1 album debacle with Amazon, the declining sales from The Fame and The Fame Monster and the emergence of Nicki Minaj as a somewhat amped-up version of the Lady Gaga template, is Gaga really 31 million-followers big anymore? The folks attending the Born This Way Ball shows this year and next certainly seem to think so, but there are stars further down this list that appear to be shining brighter.-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV