These steps allowed Boeing to invest in growth opportunities such as the Phantom Eye hydrogen-powered unmanned airborne system, 702SP (small platform) satellite, Maritime Surveillance Aircraft, and numerous international campaigns.
The affordability efforts continue, because additional cost reductions are needed, and are supported by reductions in executive ranks and overhead costs. By the end of 2012, BDS expects to have 30 percent fewer executive positions than in 2010.
"We are at one of the most challenging yet opportunity-rich times in our history," Muilenburg said. "While funding for the U.S. Department of Defense is under extreme pressure, we're innovating and expanding our core, in the U.S. and around the globe, to sustain and grow our business."
A unit of The Boeing Company, Boeing Defense, Space & Security is one of the world's largest defense, space and security businesses specializing in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world's largest and most versatile manufacturer of military aircraft. Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing Defense, Space & Security is a $32 billion business with 61,000 employees worldwide. Follow us on Twitter: @BoeingDefense.Contact: Todd BlecherOffice: +1 703-414-6033 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Boeing Defense, Space & Security
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV