ST. LOUIS, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) is rotating assignments for several executives in its Defense, Space & Security unit, demonstrating its commitment to talent development as it continues to pursue the growth and affordability strategy it has followed since 2010.
"Our people and innovation are our competitive advantages," said Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg. "We are investing in both even as we are exceptionally focused on providing affordable solutions for our customers."
The assignments listed below, and others, will be effective Jan. 1.
- Nan Bouchard will be vice president/general manager (VP/GM) of the C-17 program and Southern California consolidation. She is now VP of the BDS Program Management function.
- Leanne Caret will be VP/GM of a consolidated Vertical Lift division within the BDS Boeing Military Aircraft (BMA) business unit, managing the AH-64 Apache as well as the H-47 Chinook and V-22 Osprey programs. Caret is now vice president of H-47 within BMA's Mobility division.
- Jean Chamberlin will be VP/GM of the BDS Program Management function. She currently oversees the Mobility division, which today includes the C-17, KC-46 Tanker, H-47 and V-22.
- Shelley Lavender will be VP/GM, Integrated Logistics, within the BDS Global Services & Support business unit. She will oversee a broad performance-based logistics portfolio as well as Boeing Defence Australia and Boeing Defence UK. Lavender currently is VP/GM of Global Strike for BMA.
- Ralph Meoni will be VP/GM of a new Electronic & Information Solutions division within the BDS Network & Space Systems business unit. That consolidates his current Electronic & Mission Systems division with the Information Solutions division.
- Tim Peters will be VP/GM of a new consolidated Mobility, Surveillance & Engagement division of BMA. That will include the C-17, KC-46, P-8 and Airborne Early Warning & Control programs. He now is VP/GM for BMA's Surveillance and Engagement division.
- Debbie Rub will be VP/GM of BMA's Global Strike division, managing the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler programs, along with the F-15 and missile programs she currently manages.
- Rub also currently oversees unmanned systems programs. Given the importance of these, their management will continue reporting to BMA President Chris Chadwick. However, to maximize affordability, their functional support will be shared with other BMA organizations.
Since 2010, in response to changing market conditions, BDS has been driving productivity improvements to reduce costs, bolster its competitiveness and enable future growth. It has achieved $2.2 billion in savings by reducing overhead costs, working with suppliers on efficiency improvements, and rationalizing facilities space.In terms of facilities space, for example, BDS is implementing a greater than 10 percent reduction and is looking for more over time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV